I am a consultant orthopaedic surgeon having serviced a District General Hospital since 1990 (Royal Lancaster Infirmary and Westmorland General Hospital, Kendal, (now known as part of the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS trust) for general orthopaedics and trauma.
I am now part-time, and, free from the distractions of trauma and administrative duties, have been able to concentrate, ie specialise fully in, surgery of the lower limb, that is, knee and hip surgery.
I offer you a cheerful, friendly, competent and experienced opinion, and treat you as a person not a repository of symptoms and pathology. If I cannot diagnose or treat you I will suggest who can.
I have been successfully locally appraised annually for the past 20 years, and have been nationally revalidated in late 2017.
Types of problem dealt with:
- Arthritis of the hip ( hip replacements)
- Leg pain ? cause. Hip/back?
- Arthritis of the knee.
- Soft tissue knee injuries (excluding ligament surgery), including meniscal problems.
- Experienced opinion for general orthopaedics.
Makes of joint replacement used:
- Corail/pinnacle for hips, (Depuy) with 30+ years track record.
- Attune for knees, with use of the Themis balancer. (Depuy)
ContactsNHS Hospital: Westmorland General Hospital
Tel 01539 732288
Secretary Gillian Greenbank
This has no medical specialist units, so neither complex surgery such as revision joint surgery, nor patients found to be cardiologically or otherwise unfit can be done there I’m afraid.